The Concept of Healing
Healing in literal sense means 'to make whole'. It is to restore the happenings to normalcy, to make things as they were. To heal is to be in the state of awareness and to have the flow of Harmony and love. Holistic healing thus considers mind, body, spirit and emotions to reach wellness.
The flow of healing is a spontaneous event that comes about through a kind of grace and love. It can happen anytime, and in any place. It may or may not happen in the context of a healing session. It may come about simply with a smile from a stranger, the breeze blowing through the trees, the song of a bird and, just make us connect to wholeness of of our present happening.
What can Healing do for You ?
Healing can be helpful with a wide range of conditions, at a remarkable degree. Because, it is a process of revitalisation, relaxation and release at a profound level, which helps your Mind and Body to adjust and heal spontaneously at its own pace and in its own way.
What Healing seeks out is the underlying cause as well as the "presenting symptom". This can mean that, the outcome of a Healing session maybe beneficial in an unexpected and multiple ways and not necessarily immediately. There may be times when you experience some kind of emotional release as part of the Healing process. Sometimes the process is obvious, sometimes more subtle.
What Healing can do for you, is like a pudding better known when tasted. As mentioned earlier, it is a continuous process which happens for our own good. When we seek it, it unfolds in its best manner to make you a happy being. What has to be learnt is learnt best when we seek it.
Heal Thy Life for a Healthy Life!
A Healthy life is much more than medically certified conditions of one's health. Medical institutions, which once were more narrowly focused on the physical aspects of healing, are gradually broadening their scope. The emotional and psychological factors which contribute to physical illness have started to be more recognised, and there is significant consideration being given to the impact of spirituality on healing as well.
As a matter of fact the very word Healthy when defined, means to be with good physical fitness and sound mental condition. Healing is not only to have a fit Body to bend but also to 'Be' in a state of mind of Love and Peace for one's own self. Therefore, Healing Thy self psychologically and spiritually shall make the overall process of healing, an easy and enjoyable one.
Regardless of whether your focus in healing is on the physical, mental, emotional or spiritual level, all levels are invariably touched by the process, and none can be separated out from the rest.
- Sometimes healing is not as you expect it to be. Because You, need to be open to the gifts which life is always ready to give you. It may be that a physical problem heals, but it may also stay awhile to teach you something.
- Sometimes a health challenge is a doorway to a deeper healing, a cry from deep within for attention to some part of you that has been unloved and feels separated from the Whole.
Thus, the doorway of your happiness lies in compile acceptance of who you are and be at peace. Every instance in life is an experience to believe and say for self that, "Everyday in every way, My life is getting better and better".
The Process of Healing ...
Healing is a natural therapy where Healing energy is channelled by the Healer through to the client. When our energy is unbalanced or depleted (resulting in physical illness or psychological stress) the Healer acts as a gentle set of jump leads and your own energy is then drawn to where it is most needed. The same is true when we eat food, the energy goes to where it is most needed without us having to think about it.
Then, does it mean it normal and you recover? No, Healing does not necessarily mean normal nor the word recovery. Because, frankly, “ I don’t want what I had before. Who wants to go backwards anyways? ”. Yes none of us want what we had or, what we went through. But, Healing is where one lives in complete acceptance of world and conditions, not functioning like one wants it to be. And It is also about accepting and being completely who you are, with whatever limitations you have.
You are more than Your Thoughts, Your Body, or Your Feelings. Your are Swirling Vortex of Limitless Potential who is here to shake things up and Create something that Universe has never seen.
Dr. Richard Bartlett.
How does it happen?
Healing happens at different levels than the perception of your physical Self. Any significant level addressed with the appropriate modality of healing produces similar result as another.
- Thought Body - Every action first starts with a Thought
- Emotional Body - Thought thought produces an Emotion
- Energy Body - Emotion transmits an Energy in Motion
- Physical Body - All the above come into a physical reality
We all are multidimensional being aware of only a part of our ability. The five sheaths (Pancha-Koshas) are described in the Taittiriya Upanishad, is seen here. This simplifies and elaborates the auric dimension we possess.
Striking feature of these sheaths would be, their intertwined nature onto each other. An impact on any layer affects the another if we forget the awareness we need to possess.
Below are the layers and the modalities that come across address the issues you have at that particular dimension.
Healing at Different Levels...
- Physical Body - This is the most intimate reality we have and called Annamayya Kosha. It means the sheath made of food or physical matter of 5 elements. Physiotherapy, prescribed medicines, Yoga and exercises serve the healing of this sheath.
- Energy Body - The organising field that holds your material body together is Pranamaya Kosha. This is the life energy that governs your biological processes, from breathing to digestion to the circulation of your blood. Homeopathy, Acupuncture, Yoga as well, Reiki, Pranic healing, Crystal healing are modalities serving this sheath.
- Mental and Emotional Body - It is the body made of thoughts and thus called Manomaya Kosha. It stands out to be very powerful body as it connects to the Wisdom and reality. Day to day activities which are automised by us are achieved by subconscious awareness this body. Most of our issues are out of this layer . Mano moolam idam Jagt is the statement recorded in the Upanishads. Which says that the Mind to be the root cause for the reality and thus, healing it defines a shift in everything we have, Hypnotherapy, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Psychotherapy, Psychology, Psychiatry, Systemic Theory and Family Constellation, Regression Therapy and so on, help to heal this layer.
- Wisdom Body - This is the sheath of wisdom called Vijnyanamaya Kosha. Every moment in life is a package of experience and when it is experienced without judgments, it provides a Wisdom or a lesson learnt out of it. From this sheath it is matter of self effort and free will you execute to gain your inner guidance. Meditation, intuitive insights, and addressing the issues with first 3 bodies leads to a clarity here.
- Bliss Body - For vast majority if Humans this is the underdeveloped or rather forgotten state of Being. This is called Anandamaya Kosha. The very word Ananda mean Bliss which is a state of oneness and knowing. Possible ways of reaching here are with constant healing of all the above parts of You and, to develop acts of Love & kindness to Humanity with an Integrated awareness of letting go the identity of who You are. When the 'I' or doer-ship of the experience is taken away what remains is only grace of it happening to you.
As mentioned earlier Many Medical Institutions across the globe have acknowledged the importance of Healing the Thought and Emotional quotient of an individual, in the current times. Hence, we often come across Post Operative counseling or rehabilitation programmes done to accelerate the effect of the healing at the physical level. Spiritual Healers in the Operation rooms, is something to show the the field of science and spirituality shaking hands.
The above statements ultimately drive home the point that, A Therapist is a mere instrument, and healing is something that happens despite the therapist. What a therapist does is to facilitate and guide you to the state of your Wisdom and Bliss.